| Grant Writing
| Grant Writing Services & Fees
"The grant funding Hired Gun won for us has been critical for our organization. Becky [HG's founder] really knows what she's doing. We wouldn't trust anyone else." Dan Smith, CEO, LGM Company
"Hired Gun's experts made the grant process so stress-free. They were knowledgeable, professional and so considerate of our budget limits. They really took the time to get to know our organization and our needs, and brought a level of expertise that was well worth the cost. We’ll hire Hired Gun again." Judy Emil, Chair of the Board, Kids Ferst Foundation
Complete Grant Support—Years of Grant Writing Experience.
Think of Hired Gun Writing as your personal grants office, with experienced Grant Professionals working to get your organization the funding it needs.
We specialize in offering complete, cost-effective support throughout the grantseeking process. Our clients come to us for one reason. They need grant money—and we write winning proposals.
Hired Gun's Grant Services
We provide comprehensive grant services including source research, writing, tracking, follow-up, and continuous grant management to generate a stable stream of support.
We write federal, state and local government grants, as well as foundation/corporate grants. We are uniquely qualified to write proposals for health and science-based projects. Depending on your needs, we offer the following services:
- Prospect Research. Finding funding can be a grueling process, but we can save you time and frustration. We conduct exhaustive grant source searches to identify your top funding prospects for government, foundation and corporate grants. Prospect research can be customized as needed. We will provide a complete prospect review, including the grant source, funding amounts, deadlines and other pertinent information, and offer recommendations to your key staff.
- On-going Grant Tracking. We will provide on-going prospect research and grant management services to help you consistently monitor for funding opportunities and keep track of your prospects, deadlines, grant submissions, announcements and more. We will generate an electronic spreadsheet database for your organization and provide your team with regular updates, or your in-house staff may assume the maintenance of your database.
- Letters of Inquiry. Letters of Inquiry are customized to target grantmakers as a result of prospect research or upon request.
- Project and Program Development. A good grant starts with a strong project. Hired Gun's grant professionals work with your key staff to help define your goals and develop targeted projects and programs to meet and exceed grantors' objectives.
- Grant Preparation. We write and submit complete proposals for government, foundation and corporate grants. We use compelling narratives and powerful facts and figures to capture the reviewer's attention, and create confidence and excitement in your group and your project. You provide us with the Request for Proposal and relevant background information—and we take it from there, coordinating the process efficiently and professionally. We provide a grant outline, a task list and timetable of key completion dates, and strategize with your team to ensure the best possible product.
- Corporate Sponsorship Packages. Corporations and for-profit companies provide millions to nonprofits through event sponsorships, in-kind donations, volunteer time, and cash gifts. We identify appropriate corporations and create custom sponsorship proposals to secure public-sector support for your organization.
- Consultation and Evaluation. If you already have a grant proposal and want a professional evaluation before submitting it, we will review and critique your proposal for clarity, organization, completeness, style and grammar. We’ll make sure it matches the grantmaker's goals, and check that all elements are present and clear. We’ll then provide you with a section-by-section analysis of your proposal, with suggestions to target any weaknesses.
- Grant Support. If your in-house staff are overwhelmed with multiple submissions or tight deadlines, we can provide additional support on an hourly basis to make sure you reach your goals.
Grant Services Fees
Note: At Hired Gun we do not work on contingency or for commission.
- Prospect Research and Editing/Consulting Services: $60/hour. You may set a "not to exceed" amount.
- Grant Preparation and Other Services: We provide up-front quotes based on an hourly rate of $80/hour. Due to the variance in the complexity of grant applications, the best way to get an accurate quote for your project is to request a free, no-obligation estimate. We provide up-front time and cost estimates, and deliver detailed timesheets with completed hours and activities. We request 1/2 payment initially, and 1/2 at project completion.
If it's impractical for your organization to employ a full-time grant writer with the skill and experience necessary to win critical funding, hiring Hired Gun as your grant development team is an effective, cost-saving approach. Through retainer arrangements, Hired Gun becomes your virtual grants office, constantly on call to meet your needs. We will customize our services around your organization, providing complete and effective grant management for a fraction of the cost of full-time staff.
Services include focused project and program development, on-going prospect research and grant tracking, funding recommendations and planning with your staff, and writing and submitting all the grant proposals your organization wants to pursue. Hired Gun's grant professionals are experienced at providing complete, consistent and effective grant management support, giving you all the benefits of a robust development department without the additional employee costs.
Retainer fees are based on work load estimates, and generally start at $1,000 per month. We provide detailed timesheets with completed hours and activities on a monthly basis.
You don't have to choose. We are professional, effective, and affordable.
Grant funds for this year are now being allocated. Don't let your top opportunities
pass you by.
Let Hired Gun position your organization for long-term success and make sure your next grant application is strong, compelling, and awarded.
Learn about Hired Gun's successful grant development process.